Bodo Evangelical Lutheran Church Bodo Evangelical Lutheran Church Seek Ye First The Kingdom Of God
Bodo Evangelical Lutheran Church (BELC) is noneprofit Church Organization established in 1970 with a small number of believers.She covers mostly from West Bengal to Dhemaji (Assam)and other parts of India. We are registered under the societies Act. XXI of 1860, the Regd. No 245 of 1972-1973 on 17/03/1973.
This Church recognizes to extend all needful in maintaining Church-fellowship with all other Lutheran Churches in India and throughout the world and also to extend Christian-fellowship to all believers in Christ as the Savior and Lord Jesus for cooperation and mutual understanding
LWF, UELCI, ELCITHS as Lutheran family
BELC has the great Vision to lead its own "BODO" people to Christ and become a channel of blessing to the Bodo people and that is why the Church was born in 1970 by carrying a great vision under the leadership of Lt Rev. Mohindra Narzary and his team.
BELC believe and obey the Great Commission which the Christ has given to the Church and to fulfill that the Mission has been taken as follows:
1.To provide spiritual needs in every way to tell all members by preaching the words of God and administering sacrament.
2. To widen the kingdom of Christ through Evangelistic effort and promote Christian literature with a view to differ using useful knowledge among the people within the jurisdiction of this church.
3. To do all needful and lawful measures in order to edify religion as expounded by the doctrines of the church .
4. To hold and maintain the whole or part of the moveable or immoveable property.
5. To promote for establishment and maintenance of the church –buildings, chapels Prayer- house, schools, hostels, reading- rooms, libraries, clubs, res-house book-shops, Residence for lay and clerical service of the church, burial places church- yards orphanage dispensaries and such other similar objects beneficial to the members of the church.
6. To acquire of purchase or donation take on lease or hire, in exchange or otherwise, and to hold land building etc. Which may deemed necessary and convenient for the church.
7. Let it be known that Bodo Evangelical Lutheran Church is purely ecclesiastical spirit and character and its objects extend to the republic of India.
9. Reaching the children
10. Outreach ministry
11. Evangelistic Program
Statement of faith (Our Tenants of faith)
BELC believes in God the father, Almighty, maker of heaven and the earth and in Jesus Christ, His only begotten Son our Lord; who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary; suffered under Pontius Pilate; was crucified, dead, and buried; He descended into hell; the third day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven, and sited at the right hand of God the father Almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead. We believe in the Holy Spirit. We believe holy universal Church, the communion of saints; the forgiveness of sins; the resurrection of the body; and everlasting.